Trial Skill That Makes A Difference In Trying Times

Confronting And Dealing With Parental Alienation Syndrome

Parental alienation syndrome (PAS), also called hostile or aggressive parenting, is a pattern of damaging behavior that can have legal consequences for child custody arrangements. It occurs when one parent employs underhanded tactics to emotionally or physically distance the children from the other parent.

I am family law attorney Robert Dapelo, founder of The Law Offices of Robert W. Dapelo, Esq., PC, in Patchogue, New York. In working with me, you get a knowledgeable and aggressive attorney who has more than 30 years of legal experience and is ready to go to bat for you.

Taking Action Against Rude And Illegal Behavior

In PAS scenarios, the offending parent may even go so far as to:

  • Interfere with the other visitation rights
  • Inappropriately involve the children in adult issues pertaining to the divorce or separation
  • Fabricate allegations of child abuse or neglect to gain the upper hand
  • Take the children into another jurisdiction, without informing the other parent or the court

These behaviors can significantly undermine the children’s trust and relationship with the innocent parent. They can also leave children with unnecessary emotional wounds.

Don’t Let Hostile Parenting Go Unchecked

If you have noticed a pattern of behavior indicative of parental alienation syndrome, an attorney can help protect your children – and your relationship with them. In Long Island, I want to help you.

I know that nothing is more important than your children. You can count on me to take advantage of every legal means available for protecting your relationship with your child and shielding your children from further emotional harm. New York courts take parental alienation very seriously. Generally, seeking court intervention is the surest way to obtain a swift resolution. You may be able to obtain a custody modification in your favor.

Schedule A Free Consultation

To pursue legal recourse against the other parent’s implacable hostility, contact me in Patchogue, New York. Call 631-654-9500 for a free initial consultation. You can also submit a quick contact form online. I serve clients in Nassau and Suffolk counties and Long Island. Se habla español.