Trial Skill That Makes A Difference In Trying Times

Ensuring You Get Crucial Child Support

When parents of minor children split up, the legal ramifications can be extensive. Child support is one of several key issues that must be addressed.

I am Robert Dapelo, a Long Island child support lawyer and founder of The Law Offices of Robert W. Dapelo, Esq., PC, in Patchogue, New York. I handle all issues surrounding child support, including the initial determination, enforcement and modification. With more than 30 years of legal experience, I can provide you with the guidance you need.

How Is Child Support Determined?

Determining each parent’s financial responsibility for the children – and boiling this down to an exact dollar amount – can be a challenging endeavor. New York law establishes guidelines for recommended percentages. However, much depends on your situation. A lesser or greater obligation may be warranted due to factors such as:

  • Financial resources of both parents
  • Health considerations
  • Tax consequences
  • Special needs
  • Child care costs
  • Child custody arrangements

Complicating Factors

Disputes often arise when one parent is underemployed or self-employed. In such cases, it can be challenging to obtain an accurate assessment of that parent’s financial resources. I have experience handling these and other special circumstances that impact child support.

Because support obligations generally last until the child reaches adulthood, child support can be a contested issue. It’s important to protect your rights by consulting with an attorney.

Call For A Free Consultation

At my office, you can expect reliable legal guidance rooted in more than 30 years of experience. I offer an aggressive approach when needed or a more collaborative outlook when appropriate. After meeting with me during a free initial consultation, you can expect to come away with a clear plan of action for pursuing a favorable outcome. Get started by calling The Law Offices of Robert W. Dapelo, Esq., PC, in Patchogue, New York, at 631-654-9500. You can also send an online request. Se habla español.