Free Initial Consultations | Calls Answered 24/7 | Se Habla Español
The Law Offices of Robert W. Dapelo, Esq., PC
Local 631-654-9500
Toll Free 888-325-6199

blog Archives

Questions about child support modification

If you or your ex-spouse's financial circumstances have changed -- whether you're the recipient or the payer of child support -- you may be able to apply for a child support modification. If successful, a judge will permanently or temporarily alter the child support payments that apply to your divorce decree.

How should parents spend child support money?

When a single mother or father has full custody of his or her children, the financial burden of caring for the children will be noteworthy. For this reason, New York family law courts usually order the noncustodial parent to pay a specific amount of money each month in child support payments.

What is constructive emancipation?

Nearly all children want to be adults as quickly as possible. It's only later that -- as adults -- we might hark back to the days of when we were younger and didn't have a care or concern.

Can I change my child custody plan?

There could be any number of reasons why you'd want to change your child custody plan. Maybe you started a new job and your work schedule doesn't fit in with this. Or, maybe you got sick and you can't take care of your children in the same way at this time.

Pets and divorce: What does your dog really want?

In New York child custody cases, courts will always consider the best interests of the child first and foremost in arriving at their child custody decisions. In certain circumstances -- when the child is old enough and mature enough -- courts will also ask for input from the child when making their determinations on what is in the child's best interests.


The Law Offices of Robert W. Dapelo, Esq., PC
110 N. Ocean Avenue
Suite A
Patchogue, NY 11772

Toll Free: 888-325-6199
Phone: 631-654-9500
Fax: 631-654-4613
Map & Directions

Back To Top